For Tri-County Electric Cooperative members who have lived in their residence for one year or more, budget billing can help avoid the peak bills that come with winter heating of summer air conditioning. Here’s how budget billing works:
- The total electric usage and cost over the last twelve months is calculated.
- That amount is divided by twelve months to find the average monthly bill with a smallamount added to provide cushion for weather changes.
- If a security light is at the location, the cost for the light is added.
- Each month a bill is mailed showing actual usage compared to the budget amount you pay plus your current account balance.
- Each month your account is reviewed and if the estimated budget amount appears to differ significantly, the billing department will contact you via letter providing an adjusted billing amount.
- To start the program, members must not have a previous balance owed.
- There is no catch up month in our program. Our goal is to monitor your account regularly to make sure small adjustments are made as necessary so that your running total does not accumulate too large of credit or debit balance.
To receive full benefit of participation in the Budget Billing program, monthly payments must be received by the normal due date. Failure to do so may result in removal from the program and could result in a requirement to pay any balance due in full with the next regular billing. Many members take advantage of budget billing along with automatic bank pay or online bill pay.
To sign up for budget billing call TCEC today at 244-5151 or 1-800-244-5151, or stop by our office in either Mt. Vernon (3906 Broadway) or Salem (1631 East Main Street).