Tri-County Electric Cooperative provides loan funds to members for the purpose of financing the purchase and installation of geothermal heat pumps at locations served by Tri-County Electric Cooperative.
- Maximum amount of loan is $10,000.
- The interest rate will be the prime interest rate as set the first day of the month in which the note is signed or 5%, whichever is greater.
- Maximum Loan term shall be 60 months (no penalty for early payoff).
- Only the property owner is eligible and only one loan available per member.
- Checks will be made out to two parties (member and dealer).
- Promissory note, security agreement, UCC-1 financing statement, and Truth-In-Lending statement must be completed.
- UCC-1 filing fee to be paid by member prior to processing loan.
- Requests for loan will be subject to approval by Tri-County Electric Cooperative.
- Equipment installed shall have a minimum rating of 3.3 COP.
To start the application process, please fill out the loan request form below and return in person or mail to the address below. You may also email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tri-County Electric Cooperative
ATTN: Member Services
P.O. Box 309
Mt. Vernon, IL 62864
Federal tax credits provide a 30% tax savings for geothermal installations through December 31, 2019.energy.gov